The Iota Wi-Fi Evaluation Kit enables you to evaluate RealTime.io Cloud Services
using the Iota Wi-Fi module
. The Iota and RealTime.io infrastructure is used by manufacturers to internet-enable products and offers the following benefits:
- Highly scalable with over 100,000 products per Realtime.io server. This means low lost of operation and with the ability to sell internet-enabled products are a fair price without requiring a subscription.
- Highly secure end-to-end encryption to prevent hackers from accessing your products.
- Stable, proven, and patented technology. The first version of this infrastructure was deployed in 2008 and has been tested and improved on ever since.
- Real-time two-way operation. This technology is near real time for both monitoring and control. The software latency is typically less than 10ms. Overall delays of 100ms are typical with the majority of the delay being the time for the message to traverse the internet.
- Easy to install and operate. The Iota Ethernet typically requires no changes to router or firewall settings to operate and the Iota WiFi offers easy ways to connect. This decreases product support and maintenance costs.
- A complete set of building blocks. Iota and RealTime.io provides both an embedded and a cloud solution. This is not just another cloud platform that requires significant embedded software development simply to enable a product to connect to the Internet.
- Speed to market. The heavy lifting has been done with this solution allowing manufacturers to focus on product functionality and features and not how to connect devices to the Internet.
- Flexibility. You have the choice of using your own hardware and developing you own user interfaces or ioBridge can do it for you.
The kit includes the following items:
- Choice of 5VDC US or International Power Supply
- Free developer access to RealTime.io Cloud Services
An Iota Wi-Fi module running ioBridge Iota firmware is soldered onto an evaluation board that includes the following peripherals
- On-off switch
- Momentary switch
- RGB LED
- Light Sensor
- Temperature sensor or 0-20mA input or 0-5 VDC analog input
- Two Relays
- PWM output or 0 to 5 VDC output
Please note that the Iota Evaluation Kit is NOT compatible with the free ioBridge dashboard that comes with the IO-204 or Gamma Web Gateways. This solution is designed for customers who wish to build their own user interfaces using the RealTime.io API with or without ioBridge's development services.
The Iota modules, that are soldered onto the Evaluation Kit's printed circuit board, are currently not available separately for purchase on the ioBridge store but are available in volume by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the volume the Iota is available as a module or as a licensed firmware library. The Iota Evaluation kit includes a RealTime.io Developer license. For commercial use Iota and RealTime.io is available as follows:
1a) Iota module with included Iota firmware and commercial use royalty fee per module, or
1b) Iota firmware with customer manufactured hardware and commercial use royalty fee per device.
2) ioBridge hosted RealTime.io server fee including maintenance and support.
Please contact sales@ioBridge.com for pricing and additional details.